My passion: designing contemporary gardens for modern houses and creating green spaces for old and distinctive buildings. I also devise practical outdoor spaces for shops and offices, bring surprising meaning to city gardens and ensure terraces are used to their maximum potential.
As an architect hat on I also incorporate garden sheds, pool-houses and other structures into my designs.
I focus on adapting outside spaces to their surroundings and users’ needs. At times this means designs based on emphasising contrast, at others a search for harmony. New gardens are given a chance to blossom, old gardens blossom anew.
The real beauty of landscape and garden architecture resides in the evolution that every project will go through. The result of the design process is only the beginning. However exciting it is to see a newly realized project, what thrills me the most is knowing how it will look in twenty years time.
- 2003: graduation as landscape and garden architect from the Erasmus University College in Brussels.
- 2008: diploma in architecture from the Henry Van de Velde Institute in Antwerp.
- 2008-2011: freelance employee at BULK architecten
- 2011 - present: establishment of own garden designing agency. Various commissions throughout Belgium, past and ongoing.
- 2012 - present: lecturer in landscape gardening at the Erasmus University College, Brussels. Supervision of garden-design and public-space workshops.
Since 2016 Karolien Keppens is my right hand. She graduated as a landscape and garden architect from the Erasmus University College in Brussels. At the office she is involved in every phase of a project.